HELP!! How many region changes left?

T

Toanjii

Hello all,

To follow on from my DVD image playing problem.

I didn't take notice of this before but it is starting to concern me now.

When I was attempting to play that image file, everytime I attempted to open it, the Region change dialogue would appear.

It says that the default region was 1 and that if I wanted to change to either 4 or 2 to play the image. I have repeatedly changed it to 4 (which is Aust. where I live).

However, I'm concerned that it may be switching the DVD drive back to 1 and then me changing it to 4 everytime this happened.

And also everytime the count would say I have 4 changes left no matter how many times I attempted to play the image file (I tried about 3-4 times).

I was too caught up in trying to play the DVD image that I forgot about the DVD drive locking out permanently and was also fooled by the unchanging counter.

Is there away of finding out how many times I have left on the physical drive itself and also how many times left with Apple DVD Player?

I have NOT used Region X or any hack program. My drive is Mashu****a UJ-825. I'm running OS X 10.3.5 and have Apple DVD player 4.

Thanks guys once again. Sorry for being such a pain.

Regards,

Toan.

OP
T

Toanjii

To add on, it says that it has "successfully changed the region" everytime as well.

Btw, the brand is Matshush-ita/Panasonic...hehe... it got censored!! :p

Regards,

Toan.

OP
T

Toanjii

Hi,

I've managed to work out how to check the DVD hardware using DVD Info.

But I still don't know how to check how many region changes Apple DVD Player has left.

Still need help. Thanks heaps.

Regards,

Toan.

OP
T

Toanjii

One more question. You know how there's 5 region change allowed, does the first time you put a DVD into a brand new drive count as 1 change? ie. 4 changes left?

Thanks,

Toan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
delete the preferences, its in this path mac hd/users/your username/library/preferences/com.apple.DVDplayer.plist. thats the pref file, delete it, restart your mac, and repair permissions, and try the dvd image again.

OP
T

Toanjii

Macman said:
delete the preferences, its in this path mac hd/users/your username/library/preferences/com.apple.DVDplayer.plist. thats the pref file, delete it, restart your mac, and repair permissions, and try the dvd image again.

Hello Macman,

Thanks for helping me.

However, it didn't do much. I still can't play the image. And it still pops up whenever I try to play the image.

I've given up on that image but just want to know if the Apple DVD Player still reports the same no. of region changes left as the DVD firmware.

Thanks,

Toan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm, not sure, can you burn the dvd using toast?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
do you have a cd or dvd burner? and some burning software?

OP
T

Toanjii

I have superdrive UJ-825.

Also, I'm still concerned that my Apple DVD Player may not report the same no. of region changes left as the DVD firmware. Any help on that? Is there a way of finding out what Apple DVD players reports as I don't have another regions' DVD.

Toan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dvd player has no logs or anything that would say. the only way I think to find out is inserting another region disk. also, you should get toast if possible, its great.:mac:

OP
T

Toanjii

Macman said:
dvd player has no logs or anything that would say. the only way I think to find out is inserting another region disk. also, you should get toast if possible, its great.:mac:

Oh ok.. guess I'll have to track down an international DVD dunno how though :(

And I'll try to get Toast too. Better start saving up now :)

Toan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.