Jessica & Brianna

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Two girls from a shoot in Baltimore last weekend.

Click for the Flickr pages.

Jessica:

Brianna:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I really like the last one, great lighting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The first one is good. Same with the second one, be careful of the background. You seem to be shooting at F16 of higher. Open it up to blur the background. I don't want to be distracted by pipes, windows, etc....
The last photo is very nice. The odd angle works quite well. Her hair looks kind of messy though.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
f/5.6-f/6.3

The Sigma 10-20 is something like f/4-f/5.6 I think. I was shooting that one at 20mm so the smallest aperture I could use was f/5.6 and The full body shot up top was with the 70-200 f/2.8. I think that was a f/6.3. It's on the EXIF. But three of the four flashes were already set so low that if I would have shot at f/2.8, it would have been blown out. So you have to be distracted by pipes and radiators...or just ignore them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
What kind of flashes did you use?

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
What kind of flashes did you use?

The top one had two Vivitar 285HV's with shoot through umbrellas on either side of the model positioned slightly behind, a Canon 580EX II gelled with CTO behind the model, and a Vivitar 285HV with my DIY ghetto ring light on a boom stand above the model.

The second one had a White Lighting 1600 with a giant octobox pretty much directly above the camera. It's got a slight red tint to it now that I'm viewing it on another monitor. I guess it's from the different light.

The third was a 580EX II with a shoot through umbrella above and to the left.

There were about ten or twelve photographers there and pretty much everyone was using pocket wizards. There was a courtyard out behind the studio that you had to climb down a ladder to reach. One of the lights kept firing because some one inside was using the same channels inside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
I like that last shot. A bit too centered though. Great light.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.