Frostwire Opening on start up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I suddenly have forstwire opening on start up.... how do I stop it from doing this??? I think kids have been playing on my mac!

thanks
Di

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Hi I had the similar happen to me (and my mother, on a diff machine and 5 hrs away too). The common thing is an irregular shutdown (hehe much diff than a windows when this happens) or power outage. How I fixed it is: system preferences -> Accounts -> Login Items (thanks to bubba here on the forum ;D ) Here's the original reply to me
Go to System Preferences, then click Accounts and select the username for whom Excel is opening automatically. Click the Login Items "tab" and look for Microsoft Excel in the list, click on the Excel entry then click the minus button below the program list window.

If, for some reason Excel isn't showing up in that list -- someone else will have to chime in, that's the only place I know to look.
my problem was that excel was starting up automatically...

This is where you can set things to automatically start when you login to your account or turn on your Mac! I think this is much the same as msconfig or Windows Startup.
I suddenly have forstwire opening on start up.... how do I stop it from doing this??? I think kids have been playing on my mac!

thanks
Di

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
ahhh Thank you Aqua! problem solved......

I'll sleep easier now lol

Di

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.2Ghz and 2 G4 550Mhz Pismos
Another quick fix if that happens again is to turn that feature on and off via the dock.

If the icon for the software you want to use is placed on your dock, you can control click it and select turn on/off at login.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.