Forgive Me, I'm A Switcher, No Classes

Reaction score
I have a few questions. 1. Why is it that when I google my email address, minus the 'mac.com' that several thousand are 'saved on your computer' at Google Desktop Beta? 2. Can I get rid of this application/setting? 3. How do I prevent emails from being saved on my computer? I'm pretty weary of clearing them! I look forward to any and all posts. Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
Google Desktop is best uninstalled by using the Google Updater.

If you are on OS X Leopard I think Spotlight is much better than Google Desktop. I tried Google Desktop for a week, and then uninstalled it again.

What do you mean by question 3? Are you using the Mail application? POP/IMAP ?

OP
J
Reaction score
Google Desktop is best uninstalled by using the Google Updater.

If you are on OS X Leopard I think Spotlight is much better than Google Desktop. I tried Google Desktop for a week, and then uninstalled it again.

What do you mean by question 3? Are you using the Mail application? POP/IMAP ?

Thanks for the info about Google vs. Spotlight. I'll try the uninstall the way you recommended. As to question 3, yes, I am using the mail application. Like I said, when I google my email address, minus the @mac.com, google desktop offers a link that says: 'about 5,166 items saved on your computer'. When I click on the link, all my previously deleted emails show up, in the form of links. It has me mystified. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
As to question number three: The easiest way would be to just delete the items in the sent mailbox just before quitting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.