iphone battery icon not reseting

Reaction score
my iphone died the other night, and when i recharged it the icon did not reset. when it's hooked up, the battery icon shows that it is running off the outlet. but when i take it off the icon shows that the battery is almost running on empty. what gives? and how can i fix it?

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem and was excited to see someone else pose the question...but there's never been an answer, so I thought I'd bump this question with a few details of my own problem.

My phone shows an empty battery icon. When I plug my phone in (either to the computer or the wall socket) it shows a fully green battery and the battery icon shows the little charging lightening symbol. As soon as I unplug the phone, it lasts for about an hour and then dies again. I'm guessing I probably need a new battery, but my 3G is only six months old and I would think that my use of it is probably about average.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
1st ensure your phone is up to date software wise just dock it start itunes and click software update. 2nd if it is up to date do a master reset of the phone do this by holding down the top and bottom buttons at the same time till the phone restarts and you see the apple logo. This normally corrects issues such as the one you are having

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.