Bootcamp?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking to run Adobe Illustrator on my Mac, but I only have it for Windows. Now, I heard about something called BootCamp? Does it work? How do I get it? I heard it is free on the Apple website, but I couldn't find it - is that true? If so, where exactly is it on the Apple website?
I am running Mac OSX, not leopard. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Mac OS X is like saying you are Running Windows and not which version... if you have a new Mac than you are most likely running leopard if you have a slightly older one than you are most likely running Tiger. Boot Camp is a program that comes with your computer that is used to partition your HDD and install a copy of windows that you own on your Mac. You probably just want to call Adobe and see if they will allow you to deactivate your windows copy and activate a Mac copy, or you can download a program like VMware Fusion or Parallels for running Windows under Leopard.

OP
B
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the reply, but I totally don't understand what you said. LoL Forgive me, but I am new to this. Yes, I am NOT running leaopord. I am running tiger. Now, is it possible for me to download Bootcamp program to run windows on my Mac? IS there some other program like allows you to run Windows? Thanks again, and please forgive me for not understanding the lingo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Ah no problem, hehe, I do not believe you can run Boot Camp, but you can try this out, you will need a retail copy of windows, but that is all, in the end it may just be cheaper or easier to either buy a copy of the program you need for Mac or see if Adobe will do a "Cross Grade" or deactivate your windows copy of Illustrator and give you a version of it for Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.