bootcamp

Reaction score
I have several questions about installing bootcamp. My main reason for using bootcamp is so I can install a simulator game called realflight g3.5 by Greatplanes. I am using XP pro as my windows os. How big do I make my partition? And will I need to install virus software once window is running on my mac? And If so, what virus software do you recommend?

Reaction score
I don't know anything about your game (I don't use games). On the other points, the forum has several threads on partition size; the short answer is "not very big." I would not go above the FAT32 max size, and you will actually need much less given your proposed use. And yes, you'll want antivirus software (again, lots of discussion in the forum - please search). There are numerous options; I use the free AVG software which works fine. I would use antivirus that doesn't take up a lot of resources. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.