Application won´t force quit and can´t shutdown Mac Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3,2GHz, 18GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT
OK, it´s late at night and after day of work the Mac Pro wouldn´t shutdown. There was an app that was "jammed" and wouldn´t close, so the Mac wouldn´t either.
No matter how many times I tried to force quit the app, I couldn´t close Mac. The more I tried the more the system actually got jammed. Then I pushed the on/off button of Mac and nothing happened... but after a while (of more force quitting) it suddenly turned off.

My Mac Pro is week old, so I didn´t really expect anything like this happen so soon! :Shouting:

I waited couple of minutes to turn it on again to see, that everything´s alright, BUT it wouldn´t turn on anymore!!! :Grimmace:

Please help!

I noticed the led light on the MAc´s on/off button is dimming back and forth. Does anyone know what does that mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
ouch. I dont know what to do but you will hear from the M-F gurus soon. Meantime you can take it to the apple store nearby or call apple care. Since its just one week old apple care should be able to help you for free.

Good Luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I'm not sure as I do not have a Mac Pro, but it sounds like your Mac Pro is in some sort of standby, try unplugging it for about 5 minutes or so, plugging it back in and seeing if it will work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
OK, it´s late at night and after day of work the Mac Pro wouldn´t shutdown. There was an app that was "jammed" and wouldn´t close, so the Mac wouldn´t either.
What was the app?
I pushed the on/off button of Mac and nothing happened... but after a while (of more force quitting) it suddenly [...] led light on the MAc´s on/off button is dimming back and forth. Does anyone know what does that mean?
It means it's asleep, which is usually what happens when you briefly hit the power button (instead of holding it down.) If you hold it down, it'll shut off (which you might have to do, if if doesn't come back up.)

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah like technologist says, what was that application ? I think it's important to know, anyhow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.