Help with my MacBook using 10.4

Reaction score
I've been struggling with wireless printing from my MacBook, I have an XP Desktop computer connected to my HP PSC 1210v. I've gone through several tutorials, and cannot find the driver needed to use it over my wireless connection, I found another post of a guy who had a similar problem on this forum, but no solution was posted, any help would be appreciated

Saliqmander

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
How is the printer connected to the wireless? Directly to the router? If so, via USB or Ethernet? What router? If not, shared? How?
A bit more details would help a lot. :)

OP
S
Reaction score
darn, sorry! Its connected to my XP box, via usb, which is connected to a Belkin Pre-N wireless router, I have set my printer to shared, and can find it from my MB, but none of the pre-installed drivers list that one when I add a printer in system prefs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
Really tired, so sorry if I screw this up. lol

1) Have you tried sharing it using Bonjour? That usually works quite nicely.

2) If I get this right, the printer is connected via USB to an XP Machine, which has it set to share over the network. If so, then you should be able to connect to it from the Mac through the printer preference pane in System Preferences. You'll click add printer and have it search on the network.

Though I'd recommend doing it via Bonjour if you can.

OP
S
Reaction score
Dont mind me being ignorant, but how would I go about using Bonjour? I have only had my Mac a few months, and am still in the learning phase

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.