What's the best way to get rid of those double chins in photoshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

Don't you just HATE those pesky double chins that never seem to go away?
Well, my mother and I don't have any pictures together, and recently one was taken, but the problem is she doesn't like it because of her chin.
Greeeeeat.
She asked if I could take it out so we could get prints, but I'm not that advanced, i'm pretty much limited to zit zapping lol.

I tried liquifying for the first time on the picture, but I just can't get it right, there is still a blurry section from what I liquify.

Is there a better way anyone can show me?
From what I read it's a specific subject depending on the picture.

It's not a very good picture, the sun was sort of in our eyes and it was super windy, but I like it! I'm a mommas boy. O:)

I'll see if I can attach it.

Thanks,
Tanner.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh293/Tanner31593/TannerMom2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I am useless at photoshop, but I can tell you the following will help ensure they're not there in the first place.

- Don't shoot below the chin - in fact, about 10/15 degrees above can do wonders
- Never photograph a woman fully face on, unless she's absolutely perfectly amazingly stupidly good looking, and even then don't. A very slight angle helps, and in this case would have avoided this issue
- Zoom lens (135mm at least) pull in the facial features and can reduce the effects of imperfect features.

I know none of this helps with this image, but may help in the future.

PS - I wasn't in anyway shape or form suggesting your mother is not photogenic, but those tips will help anyone.

:)

Reaction score
yep......clone stamp, liquify, then bloat/shrink tool to adjust . Same thing for giving breast augmentations or liposuction.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
What does the bloat/shrink tool do?

I'd get to that youtube video but i'm on dial up.

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
I am useless at photoshop, but I can tell you the following will help ensure they're not there in the first place.

- Don't shoot below the chin - in fact, about 10/15 degrees above can do wonders
- Never photograph a woman fully face on, unless she's absolutely perfectly amazingly stupidly good looking, and even then don't. A very slight angle helps, and in this case would have avoided this issue
- Zoom lens (135mm at least) pull in the facial features and can reduce the effects of imperfect features.

I know none of this helps with this image, but may help in the future.

PS - I wasn't in anyway shape or form suggesting your mother is not photogenic, but those tips will help anyone.

:)

lol!

We're surely not the photogenic bunch.
But yeah, unfortunately that wasn't the best place or time for a picture.

It was taken with my younger brothers Fuji A700(EEK!)
If I had my S5 with me I would have told him to stand back a bit and zoom in, which is what I did when I took some pictures of him and my mother, but even the slightest zoom on his camera makes the pictures VERY grainy.....it's a horrible camera.
But I guess you get what you pay for.

Oh, and sorry about the image size!

Reaction score
that double chin doesnt look like a fat persons double chin tho.it looks alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.