• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's the Coolest Apple Store that you've been to?

Reaction score
I know, they all sell the same products...but some are definitely much cooler than others. I just went to an Apple store in Holyoke, Massachusetts (not the one that I normally go to), and it looked much cooler than the one that I usually go to-it looked like a time machine or spaceship!

How about you? What's the coolest Apple Store that you've been to and why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The one on 5th Avenue in Manhatten. There's a giant cube as the storefront with the actual store underground. Then getting down there is really cool. You either walk down a spiral staircase or ride a piston like elevator. Finally, the store is huge!! So much space to walk around, a ton of products on display, and of course, the giant Genius bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Lucky devils!

Apple stores are not real thick on the ground in rural Australia, and generally it is a PC shop that happens to also handle Macs. Very limited display, just one iMac and one MBP, and sales staff can tell you EVERYTHING about PC's and nothing about Macs.

Would you believe the shop owner came and got me to show him how to install the demo iMac Leopard software, and they could not get the shop Xerox Laser Printer to work until explained and showed how to install printer drivers from the bundles on the DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
The one on 5th Avenue in Manhatten. There's a giant cube as the storefront with the actual store underground. Then getting down there is really cool. You either walk down a spiral staircase or ride a piston like elevator. Finally, the store is huge!! So much space to walk around, a ton of products on display, and of course, the giant Genius bar.

Was gonna mention that one. My friend went to NY just a few weeks ago and I saw a picture of it. He's a Mac guy too, so he was impressed at it. It looks very cool! But it does kinda make me want to throw something at it... But the wrath of the Apple scares me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
The only one I've been to was in Birmingham, Alabama and was really really cool. I'll be in the bay area in January for family stuff so I plan on going to MacWorld and checking out the Apple Store near the Moscone Center, as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, the one closest to me in the amazing town of Roseville, Minnesota, is an intense Apple Store within the midst of the mall. It has a cool looking front to the store, that is about it. Nothing special really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I should probably mention that the one on 5th avenue is open 24 hours a day. So if you feel like playing with a Macbook Air at 4 in the morning, you have an outlet for that urge. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I should probably mention that the one on 5th avenue is open 24 hours a day. So if you feel like playing with a Macbook Air at 4 in the morning, you have an outlet for that urge. :p
24 hours a day? Now that is cool!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
Same over here in Cincinnati: it's in a mall, nothing special. I've only been there once. I've been to the one in Columbus (Easton) also. It's sort of set up like a strip mall, but not really. All stores have exterior entrances.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The one on Michigan Ave in Chicago is the best of the few I've been to. It has two floors so the store is real large. I think the second floor is glass or the stairs are glass or there is a glass floor balcony.
The ground floor is made of some special rock imported from Italy or something. I wasn't really listening to my g/f who told me about it. :)
I've been to a couple in the west and north suburbs as well as the one in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
The only one I have been to was when I visited my wifes family in Albany, NY. It was pretty cool, up here in ALaska we don't have any apple stores only authorized resellers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
MacBook/MacBook Pro updates pending, I'll have to check out the one at Partridge Creek mall, which is supposedly really nice.

Until then, I can't justify the drive out there, but once I get my $1800 and change together, assuming Apple makes a nice update to the MBP, I'll make the drive and come home probably $2000 lighter. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
The only one I've been to was in Birmingham, Alabama and was really really cool. I'll be in the bay area in January for family stuff so I plan on going to MacWorld and checking out the Apple Store near the Moscone Center, as well.

I bet you will not be disappointed at the store on stockton :) I will go as far as to say that its better than the one of 5th ave. Sure the 5th ave store beats every other store but the one on stockton.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bet you will not be disappointed at the store on stockton :) I will go as far as to say that its better than the one of 5th ave. Sure the 5th ave store beats every other store but the one on stockton.;D
Now I'm really anxious!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I second (or third?) the 5th avenue store in Manhattan. Going back to the mall Apple store where I live just isn't as fun since I was in NY.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
The one on Michigan Ave in Chicago is the best of the few I've been to. It has two floors so the store is real large. I think the second floor is glass or the stairs are glass or there is a glass floor balcony.
The ground floor is made of some special rock imported from Italy or something. I wasn't really listening to my g/f who told me about it. :)
I've been to a couple in the west and north suburbs as well as the one in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Yes, the Michigan Ave one is sweet, it's about the nicest one I've been to so far. The glass stairs are crazy, a little scary to walk up them, but it's pretty nice. The auditorium is really nice too. The balcony is crazy. It's definitely a looker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I second (or third?) the 5th avenue store in Manhattan. Going back to the mall Apple store where I live just isn't as fun since I was in NY.

There's another one that opened in Manhattan, I think somewhere in the Meatpacking District. I hear that one is two floors, I think I'll check it out while I'm in the city tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone know of a cool one near Downtown Disney? I will be there this weekend. Leaving thursday - sunday, so maybe I can find something to do downtown.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I've only been to two. And they both sold my computer to somebody else. Needless to say, I haven't been to a "cool" Apple store as of yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" eMac 1.42 GHz G4, Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"
I've been to the store in London. That was pretty groovy, with this cool glass staircase and special tutorial auditorium.

I've also been to the store in Birmingham, but there was nothing special about it other than the huge Apple logo at the front.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.