Hotmail plus? HOW?!

Reaction score
Hi, trying to upgrade my hotmail account to hotmail plus so that I can use it with imail.

How on earth do you do this? Microsoft don't seem too keen on people paying for hotmail! I have tried to create a hotmail plus account but it tells me that my email address is already taken and there is no option that I can see to upgrade on my hotmail settings?

I know I can use gmail or yahoo but I have my hotmail set up well and all my friends have my address.

Please help!

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok Its started letting me just upgrade when I visit the hotmail plus page... still not overly happy about having to pay but I guess there is no choice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
look for the HTTPMAIL plugin on google and you can use your hotmail account with mail without upgrading. My wife uses it so I know it works. Or just switched to a gmail account

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok so I am a paid up hotmail plus user.... where do I find my incoming mail server? what description do I give for my POP account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
Like I said before, download the HTTPMAIL plugin and it will ask you if you use hotmail and then you just enter your email address and password and it is setup. You really should cancel the Hotmail plus and just use the plugin and regular hotmail.

OR switch to gmail its free, lots of space and works with apples mail program and tells you how to set it up.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ok I'l go for that I think. Can I just download it from anywhere or is there a recommended site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I found it through google I think I ended up downloading it from version tracker but do a google search for it and it should pop up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Like I said before, download the HTTPMAIL plugin and it will ask you if you use hotmail and then you just enter your email address and password and it is setup. You really should cancel the Hotmail plus and just use the plugin and regular hotmail.

It will only work with an old hotmail-account though. if you sign up today, you can not use the account with any mail-client without upgrading to the paid-for version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I think if you are going to sign up for a hotmail account, you should look at getting a gmail account because it seems you have more "freedom" with a gmail account compared to a hotmail account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.