Using programs while MacBook is closed

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Blackbook, and I'm trying to figure a way to close the lid while keeping my programs running, such as MSN, and an audio CD.
There are numerous times when this would be very useful, but I'm unsure if this is possible, or how to change the current settings.
Any help would be great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Hi, I have a Blackbook, and I'm trying to figure a way to close the lid while keeping my programs running, such as MSN, and an audio CD.
There are numerous times when this would be very useful, but I'm unsure if this is possible, or how to change the current settings.
Any help would be great!

I can understand music..... but MSN?

Anyway . . I use InsomniaX.

This has been discussed a few times. Here a couple of links which will give you a balance of the pros and cons.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104724&highlight=insomniax

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103106&highlight=insomniax

mrplow

OP
D
Reaction score
I use my MSN like an answering machine...when I hear the notification.
I know how lame that sounds,,,,but owell

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
yeah...i just started using insomniaX...it works great. It does come with a warning saying the computer could eventually overheat (I'm assuming some heat comes up through the keyboard) so I wouldn't suggest leaving it for long periods of time like this but for a little while I'm sure it doesn't hurt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.