Netgear SC101 NAS

Reaction score
Hello.

Does anyone know if there is a way of accessing my Netgear SC101 Network Attached Storage on my iMac?

The SC101 works beautifully on my Windows PCs but I have not found a way to make it work with my iMac, Netgear don't appear to acknowledge that Macs exist :)

Thanks in advance.

Wint

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Hello.

Does anyone know if there is a way of accessing my Netgear SC101 Network Attached Storage on my iMac?

The SC101 works beautifully on my Windows PCs but I have not found a way to make it work with my iMac, Netgear don't appear to acknowledge that Macs exist :)

Thanks in advance.

Wint

Short answer no.

Long answer...
Most NAS drives are 'true' network devices that just appear as generic network disks with an IP address that any machine with any flavour of Operating system can access.
Not so with the Netgear SC101 I'm afraid it needs dedicated drivers. I've had a Google about but can't find any for MAC. It only got Vista support late last year. Netgear move in mysterious and frustrating ways.

Netgear have promised linux and mac drivers but still no sign 7 months since that announcement.

The only suggestions I can make are:
1. If your PC is on you can map and share out the Netgear drive. Your mac can then connect to the sc101 via your PC as a standard network shared drive.
2. Sell the sc101 and replace it with a 'true' NAS enclosure.

mrplow

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks mrplow.

I had already thought about selling the 101 & buying another NAS

** Humm

Cheers,

Wint

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
Thanks mrplow.

I had already thought about selling the 101 & buying another NAS

** Humm

Cheers,

Wint

I have a WD Netcenter and it works flawlessly with my MBA+Time Capsule setup.

If you need recommendation from me, it would be WD Netcenter.

They also have drive utility for MAC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.