logitech for a Mac Pro

Reaction score
Im gonna be a switcher by the end of the month, cant believe it, lol! Never say never, hey! Before I buy, just like to clarify a few points.

Im looking at getting a mac pro, to run CS3 master collection, as imac is only dual core processor. Anyway, I've got a new logitech sound system - http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/211&cl=gb,en

It is mac compatible but what I dont understand, is on the back of my pc I have 3 coloured leads, and on the back of the mac there is just a digital or analog in/out slots. How is it compatible please?

Am I also right that an imac cant run cs3 very well as I've read stuff on the web??

Also the guy in my local mac store said I would have to get the wireless adaptor inside for bluetooth, doesn't it come with bluetooth??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
-You have to get an external soundcard.
-I'm sure iMacs can run CS3 well, but they're not your powerhouses like our Mac Pros.
-Sadly, this thing doesn't have built in bluetooth, he's right. It did before but not our generation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
iMacs will run CS3 just fine. I was just playing with a 2.4 GHz 24" iMac at our local Apple store last week and it had Photoshop CS3 on it. I gave it a whirl and it was quite responsive. There is no doubt that it will run faster on the Mac Pro, since this is a faster machine, but it works very well on the iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The new Mac Pros have have built-in bluetooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I didn't finish that.

The previous generation Mac Pro did not come standard with Bluetooth. The newest models do. Mine did.

The iMac can run CS3. It's installed on the iMac's in the store as Mac57 mentioned.

You could give the M-Audio Revolution 5.1 internal PCI card a try. That should work with your Logitech system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Sorry, I didn't finish that.

The previous generation Mac Pro did not come standard with Bluetooth. The newest models do. Mine did.

The iMac can run CS3. It's installed on the iMac's in the store as Mac57 mentioned.

You could give the M-Audio Revolution 5.1 internal PCI card a try. That should work with your Logitech system.

Are you sure? I got the 2008 model. Either it's bluetooth I'm thinking of or Wi-fi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
100% positive. The 2008 model comes standard with Bluetooth but Wi-Fi is extra.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2G Mac Pro, 6Gb RAM, Lotsa HD space, 24" Samsung LCD
The latest Mac Pro does support 5.1 audio via the built-in optical digital audio out port on the back (see here - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304901 ) provided you have the right cables.

It also definitely supports Bluetooth - that or I'm seeing things! ;D
fwirgj.png

My friend has a new 24" iMac and he does some pretty serious PhotoShop CS3 work for an agency, and he says he's got no complaints with its performance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.