• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Watching a DVD after copying it to harddrive

M

motterndays

Just got Mac the Ripper and am testing it out. I put a dvd in and copied it to my harddrive and everything is fine but... what do i need to do in order to play the files?? in other words, how can i watch the dvd that i copied directly off of my hard drive? I'm assuming i need to convert the audio_ts and video_ts files but i'm not too sure. Any help would be awesome.. Thanks!

Ryan ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I think all you have to do is
Open DVD Player
select "Open VIDEO_TS Folder…"
locate the VIDEO_TS folder you just created

OP
M

motterndays

immdb said:
I think all you have to do is
Open DVD Player
select "Open VIDEO_TS Folder…"
locate the VIDEO_TS folder you just created

That's it. Thank you so much. Any idea how i can shrink the movie down a bit?? so it's not 7.4 gigs

OP
T

Toanjii

Hi,

You can use DVD2OneX to shrink it down (only learnt about this few days ago thanks to this forum :teen:

Regards,
Toan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.