Audio connector on Mac Air.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
Ok I just got my first Mac after using PC's for twenty seven years. I got the Air to use on the road due to its small size. I tried to connect it to my DJ rig the other day and noticed that the 1/8 inch connector will not seat all the way in the jack. I had read that due to the tight clearance not all connectors will work but I am making sure that the shoulder is not the problem. It appears that the connector is just to long. It is working as I can pan the music to both channels using the iTunes controls. Any ideas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
standard 1/8" connectors don't seat all the way into the jack on my macbook pro either. Still works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yes, but that's a function of the overall diameter of the insulated section of the plug.. not the fact that there's about .5mm of the plug that's still sticking out when fully seated. Which is what I've noticed. If it's working, I'd bet that it's fully seated

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.