Please advise me. I just got myself a MacBook

Reaction score
Hi there, i have been on XP all my life and only decided to switch over yesterday. Im very new to mac and i know very little about them. Anyway my mac is only for multimedia design ( more towards Audio + visual interaction ) and vector graphic design. Ive been going tru the internet to find the most suitable application for me and so far i found:
1. Final Cut 2
2. Vector Design
3. Photoshop cs3
4. cinema 4 (3D)
Now please tell me what i can install and what i cant from the list.
Also.. I used to use Adobe Audition for direct plugin for recording.
ive only found a handful but none of them actually gives me the in depth function like adobe audition does.
Please advise on what recording application that i can use.
My macbook spec:

Processor 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
L2 Cache 2MB
System bus 667MHz
Memory 512MB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300)
Graphics Intel GMA 950 graphics processor
Audio Built-in stereo speakers, built-in omnidirectional microphone.

Thank you,
AiyongO:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Well i'm not an expert like some of the guys on here, but im pretty sure they will agree with me in saying you probably cant run any of those programs well on your particular macbook :(

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok, but i am able to run them right? What can i do to make it run smoother? add extra ram?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
i know for cs3 on a mac you only need 1ghz and 1 gig of ram is recommended i think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
yeah for what your doing more ram would probably be best

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Get as much as your budget can afford, that's all you really can do besides running programs like OnyX or Main Menu every now and than.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
YES, that would be so much better, the Mac you have now is hardly even sufficient for your needs.

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok. I really shud do my research before hand. Thank you very much guys. Ill come back with more q's when i get the macbook pro :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
For photo editting, drawing, shading, anything "still" I think Adobe Photoshop CS3 is the greatest program on earth. I use it on pc, although I know it can be used on mac as well so I'm sure it would suit you fine. As for the others I've not heard of many, although I've heard amazing things about Final Cut for video stuffs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
For your type of application, a MBP with a good amount of memory is very highly recommended. There is a section in this forum for graphic design, (among other things) that could be very much of interest to you. The MB is intended for basic use, (internet browsing, music, multimedia, etc). Your level of productivity work calls for a bit more computing power than the MB can provide, IMO.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.