well i bought it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
hey

i made the apple noobie thread and ended up buying that powerbook g4 and im currently running leopard on it, man, its pretty cool.

Its alot different though especially after using windows since well, like, i was 10 so for like 12 years.

Anyway, its weird getting all the programs I used to have and then realizing I have to get Mac ones as well as getting used to how the OS works.

Are there any sites that could give me a fast rundown of how to use the os more efficently, other than just my playing in the OS, cause im sure im missing stuff.

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well what are you trying to do?
What are you missing=

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Learning the keyboard shortcuts is huge. It makes a big difference in your efficiency.

You may also find the introduction to Leopard video on the Apple site helpful. It's 30 minutes long, but very interesting. I had never actually watched it all the way through. When I finally did, I learned of details about the different applications that I did not previously know.

Download the large version and watch it in full screen. I would recommend it to any Leopard user.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/guidedtour/

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
thanks alot, im checking these out now!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
and you have our own sticky in the switchers hangout by eric

It will help out a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.