a simple resizing ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac
want to resize a photo for download (upload) to the web and looking for something or way to do this. seen a lot of different software that would think might work but don't understand half the things they do and really not sure if they would really work for what i need, just something to resize a photo. so thought i would ask and see if anyone could respond with suggestion or two. btw been doing reading and searching to see if the operating system that use would be able to do this but from understand i would need leopard or iphoto, the macs running tiger and does not have that, any help would be appreciated, just don't want to end up download or get something that won't understand, cause problems, hanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Imagewell - definitely should have this in your arsenal anyhow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you have Leopard you can do this right in Preview:

Open the image and then select "Tools > Adjust size" from the menu bar.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
Preview gets the job done.

iResizer is what I use for mass-resizing.

resize2mail.com is what I use when I'm on a computer I'm not accustomed to, and is probably the easiest to figure out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Check out ChocoFlop, a freeware image editor. It does resizing quite nicely and naturally. Some other things on this pre version 1.0 program are not quite right yet, but the resizing works well.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac
thanks for the replies, mac won't handle leopard, think need a g4 for the other, anyway sent myself a email of the photo think it worked, resized (at least it looks like it did), have a good one, bare spot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.