would people really buy the 3G phones?

Reaction score
Ok, i have an iphone and if they release the iphone with 3G, lol sod it. I will NOT be buying it just because it has 3G. I mean come on! Would you REALLY pay all that money again just for slightly increased speeds?

My advice, stick with your current and wait till Apple release the true next version of the iphone, not just the same phone with 3G.

P.S, if they allow customers a free upgrade, knock yourself out lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
We had a thread on this a little while ago. The consensus was that most people who currently have an iPhone would upgrade if the next iPhone came with more features than just 3G, such as GPS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
When I can tether it to my notebook and use it as a high speed modem, I'll be the first to jump on the bandwagon. Until then, Windows Mobile it is...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
I have a HTC Touch Dual. With HSDPA I get 2Mbps easily.

I use it as a (bluetooth)modem for my MacBook whenever I'm out of the house. At least here in Norway that gives me about 10 times the speed of EDGE...

The fact that iPhone does not have 3G today is the main reason it's not an interesting device for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
We had a thread on this a little while ago. The consensus was that most people who currently have an iPhone would upgrade if the next iPhone came with more features than just 3G, such as GPS.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
When I can tether it to my notebook and use it as a high speed modem, I'll be the first to jump on the bandwagon. Until then, Windows Mobile it is...

Oh but you CAN!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, i have an iphone and if they release the iphone with 3G, lol sod it. I will NOT be buying it just because it has 3G. I mean come on! Would you REALLY pay all that money again just for slightly increased speeds?

My advice, stick with your current and wait till Apple release the true next version of the iphone, not just the same phone with 3G.

P.S, if they allow customers a free upgrade, knock yourself out lol

And what would you consider a "true next version" to be anyway?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz iPhone 3G 16GB
Also with the new 3G iPhone it will work in Japan :Evil: , which my current iPhone doesn't :Grimmace:

GP

Reaction score
A lot of non-apple owners are extremely interested in the iPhone but didn't buy one the first time around because "its the first one" and therefore will have some problems.

Personally, I can't wait for the 3G iPhone. I don't have an iPhone but will be getting one the day they're released.

OP
S
Reaction score
well, if its really worth it i will just upgrade my iphone. I rang O2 and they said its possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A lot of non-apple owners are extremely interested in the iPhone but didn't buy one the first time around because "its the first one" and therefore will have some problems.

That's silly. I have one of the first ones. My wife has one also. We don't seem to be having problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apparently they break all the time. And by break I mean freeze/lock up.

That only happens to the people stupid enough to update the firmware after using one of the SIM unlock hacks to use the iPhone on another network. That's not a problem with the iPhone itself.

Reaction score
That only happens to the people stupid enough to update the firmware after using one of the SIM unlock hacks to use the iPhone on another network. That's not a problem with the iPhone itself.

Dude... most people that have the problems aren't unlocking their phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There's clearly something wrong with the people using the phones because I personally don't know a single person who has had issues with their iPhones. Mine and my brother's work perfectly, as does my cousin's and his wife's, along with numerous friends who have the iPhone. Then there are the dozens of members here at Mac-Forums who have nothing but good things to say about their iPhones. And finally, if serious issues were as rampant as you think they are, Apple wouldn't have sold over 5 million units in less than a year.

Reaction score
There's clearly something wrong with the people using the phones because I personally don't know a single person who has had issues with their iPhones. Mine and my brother's work perfectly, as does my cousin's and his wife's, along with numerous friends who have the iPhone. Then there are the dozens of members here at Mac-Forums who have nothing but good things to say about their iPhones. And finally, if serious issues were as rampant as you think they are, Apple wouldn't have sold over 5 million units in less than a year.

I'll be honest- I know quite a bunch of people who have iPhones and only 1 of them has had problems. But I have 2 friends that work at Apple Stores and they tell me that people bring them in because the freeze/lock up all the time.

I'm getting the new one when it comes out ASAP.

Reaction score
Ive unlocked my phone i have it for a year now and i had not one problem i even dropped it a couple times. Just about the 3G iphone i will buy it if i get a chance do people understand what is possible with 3G. All you need for the iphone is two camera i dont care if it is more than 2 megapixel but with 3G video calling will be great with the screen the apple provides with the iphone.

Your iphone plus Video Call and A Modem with 3G ? mmmmm YES intresting for all the people that wanted to buy the iphone but never did.

Reaction score
i'm hoping apple provides it as a free update. i'm new to all of this, but would the 3G update require actual hardware update or just software? or maybe a new SIM card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I agree with Kash the only time they lock up is if you unlock/jailbreak and update the firmware. I don't know anyone whose iPhone "locked up" or "froze"
The sheer fact that anyone would take any windows mobile phone over the iPhone is nuts... Stop being a hater and join the revolution.If you can't live without 3G then wait you guys that are waiting will always be waiting. I hear that all the time "I'm waiting for the next iPhone" Name a phone out there today that blows the iPhone away? There isn't one... companies like Palm,RIM ,motorola, Nokia have been making phones for years. Apple never made a Phone before ,the first one they make changes all the rules.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.