Eudora Mac to Outlook Express

Reaction score
I use Eudora 6.2.4 on a Mac with OS X (10.4.11). I need to transfer my mail folder (files) to a PC that uses Outlook Express. I have tried using the a conversion app to convert a file from "Eudora Folder>Mail Folder>(file)" into a folder on my desktop. I converted it into all the listed formats (csv, IMAP, RFC-2822 mbox, etc., including just a copy of the file (not converted)). This file is actually a folder containing several e-mails. I copied the folder onto a memory stick for the recipient, who tried to import the file into Outlook Express on his PC. - didn't work.

I obviously don't understand all I should.

Can anyone out there help?

Thanks,

brad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am not sure if this will work, but can you import your Mac Eudora files to PC Eudora? I know that Outlook Express will import PC Eudora files. Surely between the same program (Eudora on Mac and PC) it can import amongst itself?

If not, MBOX is your best bet for an intermediate format. I would investigate all of the email programs that Outlook Express will import from, find one of them that will itself import MBOX formatted mail and then use it as an interim step. The chain would look like:

Mac Eudora -> MBOX format -> PC email pgm -> Outlook Express.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Exactly. This is one of the things I have always liked about Eudora.

However, since MBOX is a text based format, and there is a difference between text formats for Mac and PC (PC ends each line with CR,LF, Mac only uses one or the other -- can't remember which one -- but not both) an export/import between Mac Eudora and PC Eudora may still be needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.