Photoshop Elements 6 - Problem w/ Styles?

Reaction score
I loaded up PSE 6 under my "Admin" account, as I do all my software. However, when I try to launch the program logged into my standard account, I get an error message that says "Could not load the styles because the disk is not available."

I do not get this error under the Admin account. Anyone know what is up with that? I live in my standard account and only use the Admin for well, admin stuff! I ran a permissions repair, but nothing turned up.

OP
J
Reaction score
UPDATE: Today I spoke with Adobe tech support. I was told that PSE 6.0 Mac requires Administrator-level account to operate. It is one of the 'underpinnings' of the program and there are no plans to change that.

I find that remarkable! No other program I have requires it to run from the Admin account. For most of us 'non-programming' types, it is a best-practice to run our everyday lives from a standard account, and not subject our Mac systems to potential changes or malware. If I follow Adobe's advice, then my children who want to play with pictures in PSE need to be on an Administrator account! That's just crazy. The whole idea of PSE is to create a consumer-level, easy-to-use photo editing product; why in the world then, would you have to run it from the Admin account?

Adobe, I want my money back. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
This is very odd. I'm running Elements 6 as administrator on my iMac and my wife uses it also. She does not have an administrator account. To set her up as an administrator would be a very bad thing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Oops, I spoke too soon. Didn't realize the wife was still using Elements on the PC. I also have this problem on my iMac and hope Adobe provides a fix soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I installed it on my admin account and run it all the time on my standard account so I really don't think Adobe's tech support was correct.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.