Help! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4gHz White Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, SuperDrive
Oh, first you probably want to know that I'm on a MacBook running Leopard.

Ok, so here's what I did. I tried dragging my user folder that was under "Places" to the dock, to see if I could put it there. When I let go of it, it went *poof* Really cool, but not what I wanted, lol.

Now I can't figure out how to get it back under "Places." All I've got there now is "Desktop," "Applications," and "Documents." Please help me get it back! Unfortunately I don't have an external HD yet, so I don't have Time Machine up and running.

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 1GB RAM 80 GB Combo Drive
Have you tried searching for the folder? It would probably come up.

OP
Wintermoon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can find the folder... I just want to replace it to where it was.

Reaction score
Oh, first you probably want to know that I'm on a MacBook running Leopard.

Ok, so here's what I did. I tried dragging my user folder that was under "Places" to the dock, to see if I could put it there. When I let go of it, it went *poof* Really cool, but not what I wanted, lol.

Now I can't figure out how to get it back under "Places." All I've got there now is "Desktop," "Applications," and "Documents." Please help me get it back! Unfortunately I don't have an external HD yet, so I don't have Time Machine up and running.

Thanks all!

If you go to the root of your drive, you'll get a list of folders, drag the users folder back to the side bar, do the same thing for your dock, and it'll appear there too!

Hope that helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
In finder click on Finder, then preferences. Then you'll see a sidebar tab. Click on that and checkmark the folder you want back in places.

Reaction score
In finder click on Finder, then preferences. Then you'll see a sidebar tab. Click on that and checkmark the folder you want back in places.

wow, is that new in Leopard? I've never seen it before, but I don't think I've looked O:)

OP
Wintermoon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

That fixed it!!! Thank you sooo much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.