new MacBook cant connect to internet

Reaction score
When I try to input my wireless password it wont connect?
I tried to disable security and it will connect to my network but it wont open any web pages
Any help?

Reaction score
I had the same problem!

I have the exact same problem as this,
I also have a belkin router, the belkin router won't play nice with the MacBook.

Also depends on your ISP, as TalkTalk change their DNS settings, so you have to use their products.

To resolve this you need to get a different router, say linksys.

Btw who is your ISP?

Jack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Just have a little check before you buy a new router. In France I use a Livebox and when you connect for the first time with a new machine, there is a little button on the router you have to press thus allowing the router/machine to pair. I have no idea whether your router is so equipped but you'd certainly swear if you found out it has and you didn't press it before forking out for more money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 inch, white, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB,250GB Serial ATA Drive
Belkin is crap , crap crap crap crap crap .... Have you enabled mac address filtering on your router ? You may have to input your mac address in the router settings before you can connect - even if you've input the password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Occasionally a power surge or other anomaly will cause a router to modem to have connection issues. A couple of quick checks...

Connect the modem directly to the computer via Ethernet. If it still doesn't work, then the modem may have a connection issue instead of the router. I know you mentioned that it is not accepting a password. Verify whether it's asking for your Belkin wireless network password or your ISP password.

Both external modems and routers usually have a small reset button somewhere on the back or bottom. Usually it's a tiny push button switch inside a small hole. To reboot the modem or router push this button by inserting the end of a paperclip or similar into the hole.

Much like a Windows machine, routers and modems sometimes start working after a restart.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.