How to......

Reaction score
Sorry for this simple question. When I am at the bottom of a long internet page how do I go back to the top of the page with one click? On a PC if you hit the "HOME" key it will bring you to the top. Any help?

Reaction score
Sorry for this simple question. When I am at the bottom of a long internet page how do I go back to the top of the page with one click? On a PC if you hit the "HOME" key it will bring you to the top. Any help?

Home works on external keyboards in Safari and Firefox, but holding down shift + spacebar will take you up to the top

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There is a Home button on Macs. On my Macbook it's located on the left arrow key, so Fn+left arrow would be the equivalent of hitting the Home key.

After checking my brother's iMac, it looks as though there is a Home key on the slim Apple keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
huh..
to go back up to the top of a webpage I always just used Command+Up arrow(page up) on my MacBook which I find is easier than doing fn+left arrow as that would require me to use two hands as the fn key is on the other side of the keyboard..

Reaction score
Anyone know how to jump to the top of a Word doc on a Mac? It used to be cntrl + home on PC I think.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on fn and the arrow keys, Kash. I really like the small keyboard that came with my iMac, but missing some of the keys has been a bit of a hassle. Learning some of these little shortcuts makes it much easier and doesn't make me revert to a bigger 'board.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
huh..
to go back up to the top of a webpage I always just used Command+Up arrow(page up) on my MacBook which I find is easier than doing fn+left arrow as that would require me to use two hands as the fn key is on the other side of the keyboard..

yeah, i had the same reaction. cmd + up and down arrow to go all the way up or down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
My iMac has a home key between main keys and the numeric keypad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
If you're using a mouse, put the mouse cursor under (or over) the curve on the scroll bar to go all the up or down. If you want to go a space at a time, click on the scroll bar arrow.

empty_noise, I like the Cmd-Up and Cmd-Down method, thanks for that! I'm learning the keyboard shortcuts slowly but surely :)

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.