Printing from Fusion - How???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Can anyone who has managed to print from say MS Word or Excel running on XP under Fusion on a mac take me through exactly the steps they took to get it to work. I've now had three attempts all ending in failure. The first time, following a tutorial I found on the Fusion website, I managed to print from XP to my HP printer (connected by ethernet to my Netgear wireless router) using Bonjour, but then I could no longer print from any mac application. My latter two attempts I have not even managed to print from XP at all. It's a real pain having to save stuff, and reload it to NeoOffice to print. There has to be a better way that works and someone out there must have done it. So guys....

Reaction score
I had the similar problem with Parallels Desktop.
But guide (Knowledge Base) on Parallels official web-site has helped me to solve this problem.. I'm not sure it will suit for VMWare however... :Smirk: Don't know Fusion's specific, unfortunately..

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Bump. Anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
http://mylearn1.vmware.com/MgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=3193&ui=www

My son and I followed this video. He can now now print fromhis MS office to my printer on my Mac from his Macbook

The video is easy to follow . Just download the Bonjour driver for windows via apple... It's all in the video

Good luck

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Kilted - Thanks for your reply. I've tried following this twice (to the letter I thought) and although I could then print from Xp I could no longer print from OSX. I'll try again, very carefully, and report back.

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Having now updated to 10.5, I tried once more to print from XP under Fusion. I've followed the Fusion video tutorial, shared the printer on the mac, run Bonjour, set Fusion network mode to Bridged but still no joy. Specifically when printing from XP I get 'Error' in the status field on the printer screen. ANyone had this problem and solved it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.