Upgrading a MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Prior to the most recent release I wasn't going to buy a MacBook Pro because PCs had better hardware for the buck. I am now seriously considering this laptop to replace my PC. I really like the idea of the OS. However, I wish it was available with a BlueRay player. This already seems to be taking over as the new format of choice and I would hate to have a computer for the next 4 yrs that will not be able to utilize it. Does anyone know if this will be an upgrade option for the initial purchase or is it possible to install one in place of the DVD player? Without this option the high resolution 17" screen is pointless.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
if you work with final cut or work with high resolution graphics & photographs...then the hi-res screen makes a lot of sense!
as for your question...as of now i dont think there is any possibility to replace your superdrive with a blu-ray drive...
my suggestion to everyone who has this problem is to get a playstation 3
you get a killer console & a blu-ray player :) + this way you wont have problems with fewer games being available ...youll never need to play games on the mac...

OP
T
Reaction score
Being in the Air Force I deploy 4 months out of the year so I use my laptop for entertainment as well for school and photo editing etc. I have a blue-ray player for the house so my library of blue-ray disks is getting larger. Being able to use them when I am gone would be nice..... Maybe I will get another PC then. I was looking to forward to switching over to a Mac but if I cant get what I want..... Bummer! Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.