• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

U2 iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It's basically a black-and-red 20GB iPod, with U2 signatures laser-engraved on the back. Plus a $50 gift certificate for U2 songs, and a free poster. For $50 more.

Maybe if you really love U2, or really like the black-and-red color. Otherwise why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Looks awful!!! The serenity of the normal white iPod is lost.

OP
S

SamR

If it were all black including the click wheel I'd be all over it. The red wheel just makes it look ugly and goofy IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well it's what U2 wanted, so that's enough to make people like it :)

OP
M

MacMan3.0

i dun mind it that much... but yeah the light baby blue screen doesn't go with the red and back.. i'm even hesitant about teh silver backing

OP
W

WilliS

lol wow, so many people against it...

where were you all when ipod mini came out... now they are ugly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
iPod mini's are well nice. They're so small! And they look good. Esp the silver one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
No harm in more variety :alien:

Reaction score
It looks really cool with the red an black. Its kind of a waste of money buying it in another colour. Couldnt you just get an iPod skin ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
Personally, I think it would rule if Apple came out with all sorts of colors (think old iMacs) for the iPod. And I'm sure they will eventually... maybe when/if they come out with a flash based iPod, they'll market the original in different colors to keep interest up...
Like this:
iMacRevC.jpg

I wouldn't even be surprised if they were the exact same colors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
xwonderboy85x said:
Personally, I think it would rule if Apple came out with all sorts of colors (think old iMacs) for the iPod. And I'm sure they will eventually... maybe when/if they come out with a flash based iPod, they'll market the original in different colors to keep interest up...
Like this:
iMacRevC.jpg

I wouldn't even be surprised if they were the exact same colors.
They do that with the iPod mini. I don't personally think it's a good idea, too much overhead to have to manufacture and maintain stock for multiple colors and who ever knows which will be popular (one issue with the original iMac).

I think just leave it white and let people buy different color cases that they like. Or like the iPod skins that HP is making.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4
its says it a special edition but doesn't say how many are going to be made, i don't like the look of it, but it might be good if u want to be different

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.