• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Which site is better.....

Reaction score
which site is better, in your opinion, macrumors or macforums...?

just a thought... sorry mac forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Well, you have a biased group here. But I'll try be as unbiased as possible. I like the members here a lot more, a lot kinder and better mods IMO (not sucking up, I have an account over there too). However, I do think they have MORE members, which offer more responses but these guys here do a darn good job at helping out as much if not more. I only go there if no one here knows the answer after about 2 days. (Which is rare). Organization is a lot better here too I think. :) Just my thoughts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm with ogacon. I don't like the membership over at the other place, hence why I have over 4,000 posts here ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Same, I like the members here better, but the overall site better over their, some over the members can be real jerks too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Same, I like the members here better, but the overall site better over their, some over the members can be real jerks too.

Members are jerks cause there is no moderation. Or little that I have seen. And wouldn't having better members be one of the main reason for a better overall site ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
it's the old argument quality over quantity.

Macrumors has more people hence large userbase to get answers from. Well in theory. But macforums has more informed and nicer people. Yeah that's why I'm here. And not there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I never signed up over there because of how a lot of their regulars treat people. I figured I simply didn't need that nonsense in my life. I was really happy when I found this place!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found this first, and I am glad for that. Had I found that first, I don't think I woulda ever kept looking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.