• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Importing WMV in iMovie

HSN

Reaction score
I'm searching the net for two days and not finding anything useful yet. I thought flip4mac is a software that "converts" WMV files to other formats like AVI or MOV and I bought it! I was surprised that this software only plays those files using quicktime.
I tried to import my WMV files in iMOVIE (Leopard). However, it did not accept to import WMV files!!

Anyone can help me with "CONVERSION" not "PLAYING"?

Reaction score
I thought you could export using the paid flip4mac? Anyway, I just have the free flip4mac and quicktime pro and was able to export a wmv from quicktime to a .mov.

Reaction score
I don't get it....I have the F4M Studio version and it works great for me converting wmv thru Quicktime. Maybe you haven't activated the upgrade. If you continue to have problems, send an email to [email protected]. I've had great conversations with their tech gals, Willow and Mariko.
And, yes, iMovie won't work at all with windoze media files...get your F4M working.

...I thought flip4mac is a software that "converts" WMV files to other formats like AVI or MOV and I bought it! I was surprised that this software only plays those files using quicktime.
I tried to import my WMV files in iMOVIE (Leopard). However, it did not accept to import WMV files!!

Anyone can help me with "CONVERSION" not "PLAYING"?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.