remixing software

Reaction score
hi all,

i am looking for a program that allows me to remix/mash-up mp3's

this is solely for my own amusement for all those concerned about me getting arrested...ha ha ha

does anyone know of any good programs, free is ideal but i'm not adverse to paying, basically looking for it to be able to separate vocals from beat if indeed that is possible.

as you can probably tell complete beginner when it comes to remixing music but why not give it a shot......thanks for all yoru help

Reaction score
Try out DJay v.2 you can try a free demo and then buy it for 50 bux if you like it. I personally like it for messing around and for serious mixing... There are better programs but this one offers a quality cheap option with itunes integration. I have actually made a few mixtapes with it that have gotten me some sets at local bars. I dont even have a mixing board. Try it out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.66, 1 Gig Ram, 2 x 250GB HDD, 1 500GB HDD---Black MB 2.0 Duo, 2 Gig Ram, 320GB HDD
Try downloading the demo for Ableton Live. It match's BPM's automatically and you can do so much with all the effects that come included with it.

www.ableton.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Thanks for asking the question and the suggestions. I've been looking for a little something myself, just to do some real basic mixing for a kickboxing class. Something that helps blur the songs together and keep the beat going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Try downloading the demo for Ableton Live. It match's BPM's automatically and you can do so much with all the effects that come included with it.

www.ableton.com

Ableton Live 7 just utterly rocks. I am a huge Logic fan, but that is just awesome (and I never use the word awesome). I'm seriously looking at purchasing it, at the moment I am using the 14 day license.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
When I DJ'ed I used Ableton Live a lot! It is a great program that has only gotten better with time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
Amen to Ableton... Many people are even ditching pro tools/logic and just using ableton for all of their audio production needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Amen to Ableton... Many people are even ditching pro tools/logic and just using ableton for all of their audio production needs.

It's going that way. I haven't had time to fully explore the sequencing in Ableton 7, but 6 was quite a long way behind Logic for MIDI sequencing for example.

Ableton is way better if you're just mixing samples, and want real-time pre-sequenced mixing. Logic is sitll probably slightly stronger as a pure studio app, but it's close!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.