Changing users and another concern

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 867 MHz PowerPC G4 1.75GB DDR SDRAM
I bought my bosses old G4 so I could work at school, and so I wouldn't have to transfer all of the files/programs to a new computer. Now this might just be a minor irk, but all the programs are still licensed to her, and I can't change the short name of the user. I'd kind've like it to be my computer now that I've bought it. IS this all changeable without losing anything?

Also, sometimes when I restart, everything is too big. It's zoomed in a little bit, so I can only see about 75% of the screen. I usually just restart, but is there a way to prevent this/fix this without restarting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not too difficult if you have the install DVD/CD of the operating system. You did get that from her I take it? If you are using a late model OS you may have Zoom selcted in the System Preferences. Appears under Universal Access.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2 GHz Core Duo ! GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Are you trying to change the names of just the programs on the operating system disc or are you also trying to change the names of another programs say "toast" or something

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.