3G iPhone....Will you buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
If a new iPhone model (3G) comes available will you buy it,sell your current iPhone and buy it, or keep your current iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
Mate wants it off me, Said he'd probably jailbreak it.

But you never heard it from me =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I am going to keep it. Having the new apps will be enough and EDGE is fast enough for me.
I don't know how much the 3G network will cost. I wouldn't pay more for internet than I am already paying. What if AT&T makes everyone pay the early termination fee to break the current plan to get the 3G network plan??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Bry, when I upgraded my 8125 to the 8525, there was no additional cost for using 3G over EDGE. So I would imagine that going from the current iPhone to the 3G iPhone would be a simple upgrade.

I would have to actually look at what else the 3G iPhone offers before deciding to upgrade. If it's just a speed bump, then I'm not so sure if it'll be worth it. But if you get stuff like GPS and whatever else Apple can think of, then it becomes a more compelling purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Kash. GPS would be pretty cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
My brother was telling me something about the 3G iPhone having a shiny black back, but until I see the real thing, it's only speculation.

You guys remember all those iPhone concept pictures people made before the iPhone came out? Not a single one was close, and I'm guessing not many are going to be able to predict what the 3G iPhone is going to look like either.

Reaction score
I put that I would keep my current 16GB (and 2 8GB iPhones) but at the same time, I would buy the 3G iPhone as long as it has a memory increase higher than 16GB. I would never sell my old iPhones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why do you need three phones?

That can't be right. Why would Apple switch to a glossy black phone? The aluminum finish will most likely be used again.
I'd also think if that was the new photo, the person might have snapped of a pic of the front as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Like others, I would only upgrade to 3G if there was other significant changes such as GPS and so on...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Depends on whether or not I can find a well-paying job in the near future. I would definitely want to upgrade though since I live in a 3G area. They could even dump the wifi since the 3G will be plenty fast. Toss GPA in its place and I'll be a happy camper.

I'm not sure if this is a fake or not but I think you guys will be interested in it.
http://www.cellphones.ca/news/post003032/

Looks like an iPhone that got the colorware treatment to me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
When a 3G iPhone becomes available, I will buy. Such a phone would allow me to expand my current 8 GB to 16 GB and at the same time increase the web speed of the device. Taken together, that is a compelling proposition for me.

Reaction score
I'll buy one with the largest hd capacity when it launches as I don't have one now.

I'm a verizon customer and have had my phone for almost 2 1/2 years. I'm on a month to month plan now and when the 3G iPhone comes out, I'm switching to AT&T and getting an iPhone.

I just hope they release the iPhone before the software update in late June... my current phone is dying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, I have wifi at home and work, and once the Cisco VPN client becomes available I'll have wifi across our entire uni campus as well...

So 3G isn't that huge of a priority for me. But let's see what happens when my existing contract runs out in November. Perhaps T-Mobile will have come to their senses by then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
I've got 12 months left on my current contract, but i'll only get it if Apple let other companies sell the phone. I don't like O2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
Do you have to pay for a cancellation fee if you sell your current phone and upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
At most, it should be a simple reactivation, but they should really make it possible to just stick your card into the new phone like any other GSM phone. A big chunk of Apple's sales is usually people upgrading to the next best thing, so they should accommodate those repeat customers with easy transition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
From what I have heard from others upgrading from 8GB to 16 is that there is no contract extensions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.