MAC address help

Reaction score
I have used pc machines since my cps machine died and dos was my only other option. Now, however, I have an artist friend who is frequently out of town and has asked us to use one of his Mac's to take care of some business for him. His machine is an iBook 2001 wit Mac OS X10.4.11. My home network is windows based, but on a Linksys router. I haven't been able to connect to the router wirelessly, but, then, have no idea what I'm doing with the Mac. I think I can connect if I can get the MAC address of the Mac and enter that in the router for the connection. I think I need to know how to find the MAC address or would appreciate any other information or suggestions.
Thank you

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have used pc machines since my cps machine died and dos was my only other option. Now, however, I have an artist friend who is frequently out of town and has asked us to use one of his Mac's to take care of some business for him. His machine is an iBook 2001 wit Mac OS X10.4.11. My home network is windows based, but on a Linksys router. I haven't been able to connect to the router wirelessly, but, then, have no idea what I'm doing with the Mac. I think I can connect if I can get the MAC address of the Mac and enter that in the router for the connection. I think I need to know how to find the MAC address or would appreciate any other information or suggestions.
Thank you

Go to Applications folder => Utilities => Network Utility. Under Info tab, choose en1, the MAC address is listed as "Hardware Address".

And if you truly do secure your network with MAC filtering only, be aware that it is quite hackable and that all of your packets are sent in plain text. So, any sensitive information you send over the airwaves (credit card numbers, SSNs, etc.) are freely available to anyone with a modicum of knowledge on packet analysis.

You should turn on WPA encryption instead, regardless of whether you use Windows or Mac OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.