Need Some Help!!

Reaction score
Hey there, first post here, got a few questions hoping some of you tech savy guys can help me out. A few months back my fiance's sister unfortunatley passed away in a car crash. My fiance has finally gotten up the strength to begin the process of going through her sister's belongings. We have come across her Macbook. Only problem is we of course do not know here password, have tried many times to guess it, but it's much harder than we thought! Anyways, I was wondering if there is anyway to get into this computer, or do we just throw the thing out?? I heard somewhere that if we re-install leopard it may work, but we cant find the disks for that...Of course we would be willing to go buy a new copy, but am reluctant not knowing if it will help us. Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward to your responses. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I can't help you out if you don't have the original install disks, but keep an eye on the thread I'm sure someone will be able to help. My condolences for the death.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Install disk will let you change the password

You will need to buy the retail copies of the disks, not grey colored machine specific ones, any idea how old the mac is, should have a manufacture date on it somewhere

sorry to hear about your sister

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.