Apple Care Delay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Newbie Convert
I'm embarrassed enough so please take it easy on me for this one:

Over a year ago my employer bought me a MacBook notebook along with some cool software apps as well as an Apple Care plan.

I was so into finally getting a Mac ( my first ) and learning the OS that I completely forgot all about install/registering apple Care.

Recently we moved our home office and I come across the un-installed box and was wondering if it would still be activated being that my notebook is now very used?

Or, can I keep it for another Mac I'm getting ready to buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I'm pretty sure that once you buy that box the Apple Care is connected to the Machine it was bought for, so in other words it is already connected to that machines serial number and you can not keep it for another Mac. I'm not positive on this one so wait for some other responses :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
The Apple care is not activated until you do it either on the website or the phone.

I know this because i bought my Apple care from Ebay (half the price) and then went through the registration process.

However they are machine specific.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I'm embarrassed enough so please take it easy on me for this one:

Over a year ago my employer bought me a MacBook notebook along with some cool software apps as well as an Apple Care plan.

I was so into finally getting a Mac ( my first ) and learning the OS that I completely forgot all about install/registering apple Care.

Recently we moved our home office and I come across the un-installed box and was wondering if it would still be activated being that my notebook is now very used?

Or, can I keep it for another Mac I'm getting ready to buy?

I believe you can only add AppleCare to your Mac if it's within the one year warranty. After that you can't register it for that computer anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Since you've already bought Applecare I think Apple should be able to help you out in this case...

They probably have some sort of policy on the matter.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.