mpeg files in leopard

Reaction score
Cannot open .mpeg files with leopard os even though I have Apple quicktime downloaded.Website fileinfo.net suggests that quicktime should open files.Suggested I run a scan of registry using their software .Is it safe?Any suggestion for program/s needed to open mpeg fies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Cannot open .mpeg files with leopard os even though I have Apple quicktime downloaded.Website fileinfo.net suggests that quicktime should open files.Suggested I run a scan of registry using their software .Is it safe?Any suggestion for program/s needed to open mpeg fies.

I'm reasonably sure that Quicktime supports MPEG out-of-the-box.

Are you certain it's a 'real' mpeg file?

This registry scan thing sounds like a windows based tool but either way I wouldn't use it.

Update/re-install Quicktime.
Try again.
If you still don't get the file playing you can install perian which enables Quicktime to handle pretty much any file type.

If you still have no luck download and install VLC

mrplow

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm reasonably sure that Quicktime supports MPEG out-of-the-box.

Are you certain it's a 'real' mpeg file?

This registry scan thing sounds like a windows based tool but either way I wouldn't use it.

Update/re-install Quicktime.
Try again.
If you still don't get the file playing you can install perian which enables Quicktime to handle pretty much any file type.

If you still have no luck download and install VLC

mrplow
Thank you.Will get back later.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.