iTunes library blank

Reaction score
I used this web page to move all my iTunes stuff (59gb) to an external hard drive:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301748

I carefully did everything it said and just as I'd emptied my trash I read:

"Note: Don't remove the iTunes library files that may be in the same location as the iTunes Music folder." :Grimmace:

Of course they say this after telling you to empty the trash. I nearly cried when I opened iTunes and it was completely blank.:Shouting:

I already had my entire HD backed up to a separate partition on the same external HD. So I now have all my iTunes media twice over on two separate parts of my external HD, but when I open iTunes from my iMac HD it is empty.

Here's the question: Can someone please tell me how to get iTunes back to normal but with all the music staying on the ext. HD?

If I have to transfer all my media into iTunes again and get 370 album covers again I will kill myself! :|

OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry, made a mistake there: It says on that web page before it tells you to empty the trash.

I clearly am stupid, and still have an empty iTunes.

Help!:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.