I really need help on this...

Reaction score
or advice, or maybe direction.

1: My phone is 1.1.2 OTB.
2: I jailbroke it using a .1 downgrade, thru iTunes. Then jailbreakme.com
3: Worked fine for a few months, then problems came. (couldnt download certain apps, couldnt get the phone to wake, by pressing the home button, etc)
4: Decided to restore the phone with .4, then jailbreak again with ZiPhone.
5: Worked ok, but .4 has bugs. So I restored to .3, again...jailbroke with ZiPhone.
6: .3 has bugs as well, plus I continued to have a problem waking the phone. Decided to just downgrade back to .1.
7: Tried to put the phone in restore mode, screen began to flash white&black horizontal lines, then finally went to restore mode.
8: Plug the phone in (Im on Mac) iTunes recognizes it, click to restore, and I get this "The iPhone could not be restored. Unknown error (2001).
9: Then iTunes began to re-recognize the phone over and over. "iTunes had detected a phone is restore mode...". Normally, it does this, then an iPhone icon pops up on the right side of iTunes letting me know I'm connected. Because it re-recognizes the phone over and over, I had 5 iPhone icons.
10: I shouldnt have, but I disconnected my iPhone from iTunes without ejecting it. Now, it's stuck in recovery mode.

iTunes recognizes the phone, but everytime I try to restore, I get the unknown error (2001) message. My phone has been down for 2 days now, and I have no idea what to do. Mac store is an option, but it's not close, and Im assuming they'll give me a hard time because my phone is unlocked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think any jailbreak-related conversation can be carried on anymore on this forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Because jailbreaking the iPhone is a violation of the iPhone EULA, and as such, is against forum rule #4 to discuss.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.