• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What does PWNED mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
Sorry to be asking a basic question. And, I hope this is the correct question to post it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Um... it means owned, or to get owned, usually used by someone who just beat someone else in something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Look up Leetspeak, or 1337speak: commonly used in online paming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
its usaully in online games where you here that and others like, noob, nub, ownd, ect. its just slang for getting owned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
come on people! it's spelt "pwnd" and noob is "n00b" I guess cool internet kids don't like to use vowels (maybe because you have to buy vowels? no clue)

upon further thought, I guess vowels can only be used to replace other words, like "u" for "you" or to shorten already short words, like "wut" for "what." Ok, I'm having too much fun now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Hahaha, very funny MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bet somewhere some kid is writing a high school/college paper on the advent of leetspeak. Of course we can't forget it's close relative the LOLcat language and LOLcode. I read on Wiki that people are actually working on translating the Bible into LOLcat speak!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
"pwned" is a typo of "owned" that made people "lol" and eventually replaced it.

"Owned" means beaten or lost. Or something similar. For example "wow, you just got owned" means "you just lost really badly" or "you got beaten so hard..."

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I bet somewhere some kid is writing a high school/college paper on the advent of leetspeak. Of course we can't forget it's close relative the LOLcat language and LOLcode. I read on Wiki that people are actually working on translating the Bible into LOLcat speak!

FLEURYA IS IN YR THRED, SKOOLIN TEH N00BZ!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook / 2Ghz/ 2Gb RAM / 80G HD / superdrive
That's how douche bags say that you've been
owned.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.