now or later

Reaction score
okay i have the oppertunity to pick up a new penryn macbook pro for 1500,right now.

im wondering what updates might be coming up in june? from in your dreams updates, and updates that will have the highest likely hood of coming true.

thats all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
If you start waiting for an update before buying a computer, you'll end up waiting all your life! Computers are always updated...you can never keep up. I say: see if the current MBP meets your needs. If it does, buy it and enjoy it!

OP
I
Reaction score
i know but my limit is just june, i wouldnt go past that.

what is possible for june

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Minor speed increase (hardly noticable)
The track-pads were just inserted last update, so nothing really new with that (except a hopeful increase of size to the Air size, but thats not for sure)
Maybe 250 GB HD for the low end?

These are all minor updates, that are hardly worth the wait and probably aren't even true. Just my opinion, they are the tiniest of updates a computer can get (they have to update something right). Cause ya, they just had a larger-ish update in Februrary, they will probably wait till early 2009 to have a larger update with re-design or up'd graphics cards.

Main Point: Don't wait, just buy now. You'll be happy with it, and it will last for about the same amount of time as the new June ones would. Also, if the new ones are updated a LOT, it is a newer product and is bound to have lots of bugs. That = no fun. Get it now :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
[2008 MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz,4GB Ram,250GB HD,512MB VIDEO] [16GB iPhone]
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
If you start waiting for an update before buying a computer, you'll end up waiting all your life! Computers are always updated...you can never keep up. I say: see if the current MBP meets your needs. If it does, buy it and enjoy it!
I agree. You can't have buyers remorse with Consumer Electronics.

New devices and updates are put out on the market virtually monthly, there's no way to keep up.

The phrase "Your computer is probably out of date by the time you take it out of the box" is quite true.

If you need it now, get it, if you don't, don't.

I ended up buying the MacBook Pro 120GB Regular Trackpad version last year. They just came out with the new version, but I don't envy it at all. I can't imagine living without my MacBook Pro for that long.

OP
I
Reaction score
well this topic comes to life again now that there is rumors of a case design for the MBP. what are some thought in regard to the next MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.