• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help Me Identify These Shoes!

Reaction score
Hello,

So i'm thinking about getting the Nike+iPod deal, and I see those grey/orange shoes on the Apple site, but I go on the Nike site and i can't seem to find them, but it's hard to look because whenever I go to that particular site Safari quits on me.

Anyone identify these? http://images.apple.com/ipod/nike/images/nikeshoe20070905.png

Comments on the Nike+iPod in general?
Maybe i'll just skip out on the Nike shoes and stay with my too small converses until they rip open.

Thanks,
Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Those don't look like something you want to wear 24/7. Stick with your Chucks or buy a pair if you don't own them. ;)

OP
Tanner31593
Reaction score
THANK YOU iApple!
I saw them in blue, didn't think that could be them because they look so much different.
Come to find out, they are them! Half orange half grey really screwed me up there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz MacBook
Tanner, those shoes look really good! :)

I used to work at a shoe store, and we sold the Nike+ shoes. From my experience, the chip is not too useful if you're not an avid runner. And if you ARE an avid runner, i'd choose a pair of Asics over Nike. But this is coming form a diehard Asics fan. :p

I've heard some good things about the Nike Free line though. These shoes are good for conditioning your feet. So i guess, all in all, might be a good purchase if you're just starting up running and want something to keep track of your progress!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I had a pair of Asics and they were horrible. They had no support, and they were falling apart within 2 months

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz MacBook
Which Asics did you have if you don't mind me asking?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
They were 59.99 if I remember correclty. I think it was Blaze or something..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz MacBook
I've had my Asics 1120's and 2120's for the past 4 years and have had no problems with them at all. As a matter of fact, they are all still in good shape, and i still wear them for running all the time.

I've never tried the shoes you've mentioned before though, so my opinion regarding Asics comes strictly from my own experience with the shoes mentioned above. Those shoes are geared towards runners, so there is a lot of really good technology in them. They have the Duomax system which helps with support and keeps your foot aligned. As well, there's a Space Trusstic system that provides gender-specific arch-support. In terms of wear and tear, they also use heavy duty rubber in the heel so it'll last longer. iRye, maybe a pair from the 1100 series can change your mind. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.