iPhone or iPod Touch?

Reaction score
I really like the look of the iPhone, due to its touch interface and internet surfing.

I have the option of either getting an iPhone and unlocking it to be used with my network provider, or carrying my normal phone around with me & getting an iPod touch, using this for my music and internet with wifi.

Should I get an iPhone & unlock it or get an iPod touch, what do you think?

Does anyone with an iPhone wish they just got a touch and used a normal phone?

Has anyone bought an iPod touch and now wish they got an iPhone instead?

Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
It would depend on how attached you are to your current phone/provider/plan. I used an ordinary phone with T-Mobile and decided to get the iPhone to have just one device to carry around. It's not unlocked or anything since I did change to AT&T. No regrets. I do love not worrying about missing calls/texts/emails while using an iPod.

OP
I
Reaction score
I think i have decided on an iphone. The question now is weather i should wait for a 3G vershion or buy one now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You could wait to see if it comes out in June, though the likelihood of that happening is really slim. Most likely it's set to come out in time for the holiday shopping season.

OP
I
Reaction score
Do you think the new iphone is going to be a "pro" version which will be a higher price than the current phone, or do you think it will replace the current iphone?

Do you think the current iphone will go down in price once this new one comes out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I think all sorts of things. What is really going to happen? Only Apple knows. No use wasting time speculating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Do you think the new iphone is going to be a "pro" version which will be a higher price than the current phone, or do you think it will replace the current iphone?

Do you think the current iphone will go down in price once this new one comes out?

Those are some good questions. Ok so yes I think the new iPhone will be at a higher price probably 699 or 650 . Now will it replace the old iPhone? I eventually yes they will probably release it and then cut back on production of the 2g and then stop selling them all together and then lower the price for the 3g. And to answer your last question um I think yes bye how much 50 or 100.

Does anyone feel like they absolutely need the 3g instead of the 2g Im always getting good service and yeah edge can be a little slow but Im never waiting more than 30 seconds for pages to load and Im usually connected to wifi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
t Im never waiting more than 30 seconds for pages to load

That's terrible.. I'd rather do without, personally. No, if I'm getting an iPhone, you better bet that 75% of the reason is for surf anywhere capability, and anything higher than 5 seconds to load an average page just feels unacceptable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
When i said Im never waiting more than thirty seconds to load a page that was including when Im in the middle of nowhere and just about have no signal. But other than that its rather quick . But if you dont feel like waiting five seconds for a page to load you might want to lower your expectations. Some computers take more than five seconds to fully load a page.

Reaction score
There will not be an updat to the iPhone hardware soon, there is a major software update arriving in June. As far as owning a iPod Touch as opposed to an iPhone. I would say that you probally need to get the phone, it really is an amazing phone coupled with the worlds best iPod... the iPod Touch. A word of advice, DO NOT UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE! If you do, your warranty WILL be void, and Apple WILL be able to tell. if you want to continue with your current cell phone provider, buy an iPod Touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
That's terrible.. I'd rather do without, personally. No, if I'm getting an iPhone, you better bet that 75% of the reason is for surf anywhere capability, and anything higher than 5 seconds to load an average page just feels unacceptable.
Even most 3G phones don't load pages much faster than that due to the lag involved during the initial data request.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I really like the look of the iPhone, due to its touch interface and internet surfing.

I have the option of either getting an iPhone and unlocking it to be used with my network provider, or carrying my normal phone around with me & getting an iPod touch, using this for my music and internet with wifi.

Should I get an iPhone & unlock it or get an iPod touch, what do you think?

Does anyone with an iPhone wish they just got a touch and used a normal phone?

Has anyone bought an iPod touch and now wish they got an iPhone instead?

Help!

I bought a 16gb touch right when it came out and at first was very happy with it. After about 3 months of use I came to find out it really drove me nuts not havin the edge and bluetooth options. When the 16gb iphone came out I sold my touch on ebay and put the money towards a new 16gb iphone. I think most people sooner or later realize that they are missing something when they buy a touch over an iphone.

OP
I
Reaction score
I bought a 16gb touch right when it came out and at first was very happy with it. After about 3 months of use I came to find out it really drove me nuts not havin the edge and bluetooth options. When the 16gb iphone came out I sold my touch on ebay and put the money towards a new 16gb iphone. I think most people sooner or later realize that they are missing something when they buy a touch over an iphone.

Did you also go with the official contract or just sim unlock one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Did you also go with the official contract or just sim unlock one?
um no comment, you can't really talk about that stuff here :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.