• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Introducing Gmail Custom Time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I saw that earlier. Great Gmail feature!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i fell for it for a second until it didn't show up in compose mail. I'm so gullible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
From the truth-is-stranger-than-fiction department...I have seen spammers use forged timestamps to send messages in the past. The net result of this is, in some mail viewers, the spam message is placed way back in your inbox (assuming it gets through the filters.)

I'm not sure if they're actually deliberately forging it, or if the spambots they're using just have dead clock batteries.

Reaction score
I have seen spammers use forged timestamps to send messages in the past.
Do you mean they were sent from the past, or dated far in the future and sent to the past?

I had a spate of spam of the latter last year, with stuff dated in the 25th century. Maybe they're using both now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Thats awesome!

"You never sent me that e-mail"
"Yes I did, I sent it 3 days ago"

You go home and send the e-mail and forge the stamp, then they go home and check it and think that you actually did what you said you did and think you are not as forgetful as they thought you were.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I knew this was wrong from the jump. The whole idea is crazy and not something Google would probably get into. Plus there are "testimonials" which I have never seen Google put on anything else and a little early to have since it is supposedly debuting today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
great find. that would be a useful feature even if it is a little dishonest

Reaction score
What a brilliant April Fool's joke that was. I knew that Google (who purports to do no harm, lol) would never stoop so low!!!!! That one testimonial about the concert tickets was especially funny. Someone had won but then they saw his email. It had me laughing ;D

And yea, the Virgle idea was a joke too hehe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
IIRC, on a past April 1 they proclaimed that they had implemented a button that you could press to have any copy of an email hand delivered to you personally :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.