• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

April Fools Jokes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Tell us your amazing April Fools Jokes planned/executed for this amazing holiday :) Unfortunately I've been to busy to plan any, but still interested in what all you creative people have done!
Good Day!
-Connor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Study for my Japanese Culture quiz.

Who am I fooling? I'm going to do like crap on that quiz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I had a friend from college sit completely still while I drew her for about 20mins... but I actually drew all the stuff behind her and left her out of the picture completely =P I kept complaining when she moved and stuff, it was great XD

She was pretty annoyed... but it made me laugh!

Reaction score
I remember in school our teacher told us that she could leave us from the last lesson. We believed her. But when we took all our stuff to go home, she said "Happy Fool's day! Take your coats off and get ready for the last lesson!".. For us it was not good.. )))))))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
At 12:30 am I made my first prank. I sent an email to a friend with a link saying it was for a funny video site, but I actually linked it to meatspin.com. WARNING!!! DO NOT GO TO THE SITE IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO VIEW A DISGUSTING SEX ACT. But, if you want to prank someone with it, enjoy.

Yeah, it was a little immature, but it was unexpected and I think my record time for making a prank on April Fool's Day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1 Core 2 Duo w/ 1GB Ram
I got a teacher this morning. I had some help from the IS department though for this one. They gave me an old Dell monitor, same make and model as the victims, that they weren't using any more and I pulled the cable apart and switched the wiring around on the vga cable and then swapped the monitor with the one at his desk. He may be teaching a computer class but that doesn't mean he knows anything about them:(. He rebooted windows three times before finally giving up. He called IS and they played right along. They finally swapped his monitor with a "new" one and problem solved.

I still think one of the most fun things to play with in class is an Annoy-A-Tron from Think Geek. A key stroker from there is good for a few laughs as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i as well as my fellow employes got an email from my boss complaining that we weren't in a meeting. Only 1 person fell for it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
if you want to have fun change the background on every windows computer to an image of the BSOD. it is usually good for a laugh as people try to figure it out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I kinda wish Apple would get in on the April Fool's fun. Apple is so secretive and people are always so eager for some new fantastic device that they could pull off one heck of a hoax.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know if anyone has seen technologist's avatar and signature, but I'm hoping it's an april fools joke.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
So cool Tech switched to the MS side! About time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it sad that I could actually use one of these? (It'd be limited to Betamax to DVD, but I'd still use it.)

Betamax to HD-DVD Deck

Reaction score
I didn't have any AMAZING jokes like I usually do. ;)

Although a teacher asked me if I like him, and i said yes, followed by a sincere "APRIL FOOLS!"
I really don't like him...at all. With good reason.

My sister did a REALLY GREAT prank on her boyfriend. It's borderline mean.
He's in the national guard for basic training, he left like 2 weeks ago. She was writing her a letter, and we were at the dollar store and we saw those little ribbon things with encouraging sayings on them, and we bought one and mailed it to him with the letter.

What did it say, you ask?

"FATHER TO BE!"

She wrote just kidding in the letter, but odds are he'll read the ribbon first.
:D

It was actually my idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't have any AMAZING jokes like I usually do. ;)

Although a teacher asked me if I like him, and i said yes, followed by a sincere "APRIL FOOLS!"
I really don't like him...at all. With good reason.

My sister did a REALLY GREAT prank on her boyfriend. It's borderline mean.
He's in the national guard for basic training, he left like 2 weeks ago. She was writing her a letter, and we were at the dollar store and we saw those little ribbon things with encouraging sayings on them, and we bought one and mailed it to him with the letter.

What did it say, you ask?

"FATHER TO BE!"

She wrote just kidding in the letter, but odds are he'll read the ribbon first.
:D

It was actually my idea.

My g/f and her best friend teamed up on me and did a similar thing.

I was less than pleased.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
My g/f and her best friend teamed up on me and did a similar thing.

I was less than pleased.

Ooo ooo ooo, may I know what they did, and what your reaction was? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
We tied about 300 extra long zip ties to the driveshaft of my friends brand new car. Literally a car he bought 2 days ago a 2008 Ford F150.

He came to me complaining about a really loud whine coming from his car and asked me to check it out. I said I couldn't figure it out after looking around for a few minutes, told him to take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it since its only two days old. We talked to the tech at the dealer before hand and sent him there. (we know the tech there) So my friend and I accompanied the victim to the dealership and laughed uncontrollably as the tech at the dealership brought out a trashbag full of zip ties.

The victim was not pleased.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.