Should I get one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
I currently have a Motorola SLVR, and an iPod touch. My Verizon contract is up soon, and I'm thinking about selling the iPod, and putting the money towards a new iPhone. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Go for it!

Seriously? It's really up to you. Assuming it's suited for you, you're looking at roughly $2000 over two years, assuming you're in the US. It's a great phone, but can you afford it? (You need not respond here, but you do need to answer the question for yourself.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 17"
i say go for it too. do you plan on going to at&t or another gsm carrier?

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
AT&T. Everything on the up and up. How is the call quality on the iPhone compared to other, relatively basic cell phones like the SLVR or the RAZR?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I had an old Sanyo on Sprint. Call quality on the iPhone is good. Coverage is good, and I've taken it on travel (NH, Florida). I like that I can make conference calls from this phone - call one person, conference another into the call.

It apparently works well as a speaker phone. People on the other end hear me fine, and I hear them fine too over the speaker.

It works fine with the ear buds/microphone that comes with it. I've done lots of calls that way, and it works well. I've also used the optional microphone with the Bose QC2 headphones, and that works equally well.

Ultimately it's a cell phone. Check the sales terms. When I bought mine, I had 30 days to return the phone and cancel the AT&T contract w/o penalty. I don't recall if there would have been a restocking fee for the phone. Check. Point is, you should be able to return the phone and cancel the service if it doesn't work well for you.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I had a SLVR on AT&T before my iPhone. I don't know if you had this with Verizon, but I always got a lot of buzzing noise on my SLVR. I don't get any of that with the iPhone. The size difference is noticeably bigger, but really not all that much bigger than the SLVR. You'll probably be a little disappointed initially when you feel the greater thickness of the iPhone compared to the Touch or the SLVR, but when you rationally consider what it can do, it isn't really bad at all.

The tension between Verizon and AT&T can sometimes rival that of Mac and Windows, but if you feel like you would be comfortable making the switch, go for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.