iPhoto subfolders?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
What's the easiest way to access these? Seems like I have to open iPhoto, right click, then hit show file to see all the imported picture folder. Every time I try and navigate in the finder, the furthest it will go is iPhoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Just drag the photo to the desktop from iPhoto if you want a copy of the file. No need to browse into iPhoto's directory structure.

OP
DarkKnight369
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
The camera puts them all there, and when I edit and color correct, I save them in a subfolder of the same directory. That seems impossible to access later when uploading to the web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
When I edit a photo in iphoto, I open the pic in pixelmator and then edit it, then I save it into a subfolder under Pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If you really want to access the iPhoto directory, right click on the iPhoto Library icon and select Show Package Contents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
What may end up happening is that iPhoto won't work too well if you romp around too much in the sub folders.. So be carefull in there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Stay out of the finder!!! Havoc will ensue! Do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app itself! If you want to upload to MySpace of something, do as suggested and drag to the desktop and upload from there. Alternatively, use the export function, which will allow you to choose what size you want the photo to be.

For editing, set Photoshop, Pixelmator, etc as your external editor (in Preferences) and when you open a photo to edit, the external editor will open, you edit and save, and the photo will be right back where iPhoto wants it (so that it can access it, etc.).

Just stay out of the finder. Just because you CAN access the photos there does not mean you SHOULD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.