iTunes - Radio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I just noticed that I can now listen to the radio on iTunes. But would listening to it eat up my data usage amount?

I love the radio idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
It is streamed, if that is what you mean. So it WILL eat up your ISP limit.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Thanks for your reply. I will have to watch my data usage then

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Try and find out if any radio stations are mirrored locally by your ISP.
If they are AND you have a separate allowance for local then you will be ok.

For example; I have 40 gig a month Upload AND 40 Gig a month Download AND 40 gig Local.
I use the radio stations that are mirrored locally by my ISP and it comes off my Local usage and not my download usage......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
I'm pretty sure american ISP's have data limits too, they are in the fine print. I'm not sure how strictly enforced they are though...

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think my ISP Xtra has Local. How do I find this out apart from contacting them?

Try and find out if any radio stations are mirrored locally by your ISP.
If they are AND you have a separate allowance for local then you will be ok.

For example; I have 40 gig a month Upload AND 40 Gig a month Download AND 40 gig Local.
I use the radio stations that are mirrored locally by my ISP and it comes off my Local usage and not my download usage......

Here in New Zealand our plans have a Monthly Data cap and mine is 6GB and if I go over this before the month is up my speed goes down to dial-up:eek: but I rarely get to 5GB per month

Downstream: The day to day speed of your broadband will vary depending on a number of factors. Also the Downstream speed is 256 Kbps

Upstream: The maximum upstream speed for this plan is capped at 128 kbps

AlyciaAnimation says: I guess that's a common things outside the states? Having a data limit on internet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I'm pretty sure american ISP's have data limits too, they are in the fine print. I'm not sure how strictly enforced they are though...

If they are not unlimited, then the limit is so high that the average user could never possibly hit it even if you continuously downloaded 24/7. We'd have to be running a network of servers out of the home to have a problem, but we probably wouldn't have the bandwidth to do so anyway.

I believe the browser on my mobile phone has a 5gb per month limit though.

Reaction score
I looked it up. And if I understood it correctly, at least for the ISP I have, it's an unlimited data limit, but it's capped at a certain speed. So you pay for different download/upload speeds but have no limit to how much you can download/upload.

My phone does have a limit though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.