Purchased AppleCare, how does it work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4gHz White Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, SuperDrive
I purchased AppleCare with my MacBook which I bought last week at the Apple Store. They gave me a little box. I thought this box would contain a license key or something that I would punch in online and it would extend my warranty. Instead, all it came with was a "TechTool Deluxe" installation CD, which, when I installed it, all it did was scan my computer and make sure everything was okay.

How do I do the extended warranty part of the process? Did Apple do it automatically when I purchased it at the store?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
Apple does it automatically, all you have to do is what your doing right now, absolutely nothing. Feels great doesn't it? :D

OP
Wintermoon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4gHz White Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, SuperDrive
Ah... it does, lol. Thank you for your response. While I was waiting for a response, I decided to see if I could find anything out on the apple website. I entered in my serial number and it told me that my warranty stuff expires in 2011. So, this confirms what you said! Apple has it already taken care of.

I'm liking my MB more everyday, lol. Except for one thing... my 'p' and 'a' keys don't seem to be as receptive as all of the other keys. Is this something they can fix if I take it to the store? Sometimes the p-key takes quite a smashing to type a p.

Reaction score
sounds like there is something wrong with the p and a keys if your having to mash them to get them to work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
If you want to try to take a look yourself you can pop the keys off and see if theres maybe something underneath them. I'd just take it to the Apple Store though and get them to check it out.

I wondered the same thing about Applecare until I did some searching and found the same thing you did. Gotta love Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz 460G HD 1G Ram
Do yo have to buy the applecare at the time of your purchase, or before they end of they regular warranty.. I bought my imac 2 weeks ago, when do I have to to buy the applecare warranty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz 460G HD 1G Ram
Nevermind, didnt see your FAQ post until now.. THanks anyways

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.